Re: The wider implications of stuffing the NEW queue with issues it was not designed for.

Le Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:44:54AM +0200, Luk Claes a écrit :

> AFAIK the FTP Team is working on a system to prevent uploads which have
> lintian errors. The whole category of lintian errors has already been
> assessed and possible overrides are planned to arrive in the NEW queue
> at least once... Please do note that I'm talking about errors, not about
> warnings.

Excellent news ! I was also thinking that there were not enough packages in the
NEW queue and that uploads with lintian errors were causing too often critical
bugs that needed immediate catching at upload time.

Automatic rejection of packages with errors not justified by overrides is of
course a good idea, but can we get to a compromise where the maintainer is free
to take the responsibility to override errors?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan