Re: Conflicting assignment of privileged ports on boot, once again

> > What is currently the expert way to avoid/handle such port conflicts
> > in Debian?
>
> /etc/bindresvport.blacklist

Thanks for the hint, this is what I was looking for.
So the world has moved since 2005, at list a bit.

873 (rsync) is not listed in this file.
- Is this a "bug" in libc6?
- ... or in rsync? (Are the services supposed to add their ports on
  installation?)
- ... or is it up to the administrator to add the ports manually?
I couldn't find any policy on who is responsible for entering
the port number. It seems to be the last option, which is not completely
satisfactory, since it involves trial-and-error.

Gernot