Re: New virtual package x-image-viewer?

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 07:55:59PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Jan Hauke Rahm <info@jhr-online.de>, 2009-07-08, 19:36:
> >I'd like to have a new virtual package 'x-image-viewer'. All packages
> >providing that virtual package should be able to view images in common
> >formats (png, jpeg etc.). I'm thinking but that's pretty much all I can
> >say... It's obvious that I would want all image viewers to provide that
> >virtual package then.
> And such a package is needed because...?

...I'm working on a QA upload of xcftools which recommends basically all
x-image-viewers. It contains a program that is a wrapper script that
flattens an XCF image and displays it using an external PNG/PPM viewer.

I thought there might be more cases out there and thus started this
thread. If you all scream no, I'm fine with that, too. Just tell me :-P

Hauke