Re: binNMUs for arch:all packages too

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:33:56AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Because:
>
> - there are no autobuilders configured to build arch: all packages in debian

Because there was no need for them before.

> - allowing arch: all packages to be binNMUed breaks the invariant that
>   packages may use ${binary:Version} for package relationships on other
>   arch: any packages from the same source package, and ${source:Version} for
>   package relationships on arch: all packages from the source package

I'd like to see how fixed that invariant is.  AFAIK it's only one on
convention level.  If a coordinating set of packages relies on
arch:all packages getting binNMUed, I don't see what the problem is.
I'm not proposing to have this enabled by default, but this is just a
situation where it would be useful.

> > What's needed to get this working?
>
> I don't think it should be made to work.

So you think that sourceful uploads for Haskell libraries is the
expected thing to do?  We're talking about tens of packages.