Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'll try to do some new proposals based on your feedback. But first let
> me address the topic of the usefulness of the proposal. While there are
> currently no tools making use of this format, [...]
> In any case, it's a required step IMO if we want to increase the visibility
> of our patches and ensure they are better reviewed.

I think that one important aspect of that format would be that it also
says which content should be given. And having that content in more
patches in Debian would be very useful even for non-tools (read:
people).

When adding a new patch, empty fields remind you to write *something*
instead of just dropping the diff into debian/patches...

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)