Re: good way to change a name of a package

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've maintained ttf-mathematica4.1 but it was obsolete
> now (for MathML and for Mathematica also) but someone has
> requested me to keep maintenance of a package for Mathematica
> fonts.
>
> I've not so good motivation for it but I build a new package
> for Mathematica fonts named mathematica-fonts which installs
> the latest type1, ttf Mathematica fonts which could be useful
> for a Mathematica user from remote terminal.
>
> In this situation, is it enough for me to upload a new
> mathematica-fonts package (as only version up) or is there
> anything I should do before uploading?
>
> I think an obsolete ttf-mathematica4.1 is very annoying for Debian
> and it should be replaced with mathematica-fonts or removed
> completely as soon as possible.

Hi there,
If I understood correctly, you could add a new package entry declaring
ttf-mathematica as dummy package with a dependency on mathematica-fonts,
and mathematica-fonts with replaces, provides and conflicts to ttf-mathematica.
(Note that these fields should be compared to the latest version of ttf-math).

Here's an example of how to do that:
http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package

Regards

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1