Re: Removal of fc-cache calls in postinsts

Le samedi 13 juin 2009 à 14:14 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> Strangely, most of the font packages on my system appear to have
> autogenerated postinst snippets for defoma from dh_installdefoma, but
> there's no equivalent for fc-cache which has been added everywhere by hand.
> Should there be a dh_fontconfig, to handle correctly generating versioned
> deps?

Re-running fc-cache used to be done by defoma, but people kept adding
fc-cache calls manually.  They turned out to have been right, since
defoma support was ripped out of fontconfig a while ago.

Font packages don’t have to depend on fontconfig, they don’t require it
per se.  It’s applications depending on fontconfig that require default
fonts, which is why fontconfig depends on some fonts.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :