Re: Xen - Source?

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 18:49 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> Hallo everybody!
>
> Xen is distributed with Debian (main)
>
> Seems the source-package doesn't contain the code of the hypervisor.

Which package?

> Also /lib/modules/2.6....-686/kernel/arch/xen/i386/mm/hypervisor.c is not
> included.

No, that's not where we install sources.

> Installing it (make), it downloads the binary of the hypervisor!
> "Cloning http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg "     # (downloading)

Use dpkg-buildpackage to build Debian packages.  Running "make" directly
is not guaranteed to do the right thing.

> So where do I find the source of the xen-Hypervisor (running below the
> linux-kernel)? - Or: why could it be distributed with Debian?

The hypervisor is in the xen-3 source package:
    apt-get source xen-3

The Linux dom0 code is in the linux-2.6 source package (as patches in
the subdirectory debian/patches/features/all/xen/):
    apt-get source linux-2.6
    cd linux-2.6-*
    debian/rules setup

Ben.