Re: Statistics for licenses?

Hello,

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 09:10 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> I am looking for some statistics of the [main] licenses used in Debian
> packages (or some statistics about the license used in open-source
> software at large).
>
> Are you aware of such analyze?

FWIW,

I have found those statistics:  http://blackducksoftware.com/oss
I don't really trust those statistics (ok, I never trust statistics
anyway;) because:
- CC-** and GFDL aren't listed at all, so documentation isn't included.
- All BSD variants are aggregated (improperly analyzed)
- Freeware / Public domain aren't listed
- Python isn't listed, etc.

Creative commons has some statistics about their own licenses:
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/License_statistics

Freshmeat used to provide some statistics (click on a date):
  http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://freshmeat.net/stats/