Re: DEP 5 and directory/file names with spaces

Charles Plessy dijo [Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 11:07:15PM +0900]:
> The current advantage of space-delimited listing is that is matches the
> command-line experience. For intance we do not write ‘ls src, debian’, but ‘ls
> src debian’.
>
> So, from a parser point of view, what would be preferable, escaping spaces or
> commas?

Well, out of convenience, I'd go for escaping spaces - You can just
get the Files: field into your favorite variable and glob it. You can
just stick it in a shell variable and iterate over its values. You
don't need explicit parsing, as you would need if it were comma-separated.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23