Re: How to hack on DDTSS code ? (Re: DDTSS usage configuration for Japanese)

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 06:42:12AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> At Fri, 29 May 2009 23:15:02 +0900,
> Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > I'm looking for where to direct DDTSS related questions.
> >
> > I have the following request:
> >
> > 1. Japanese translation team would like to do review with
> > debian-doc@debiam.or.jp, is it possible to send mail to that list when
> > DDTSS transaction (new translation / review) happens?

You could fetch Translation-ja.bz2 files and create a diff against the previous
file. Since the entries are sorted the diff will be readable. You should
have no problem creating a small cron job.

> > 2. Japanese translation team would like to not have anonymous
> > translation, because it's easier to track which translation is done by
> > who that way; can we restrict anonymous users?

This should be possible. I think Martijn did it for other teams.

> > 3. Some translation seem to come from already removed packages. Trying
> > to fetch it anew will result in error, but it's still in DDTSS system;
> > what would happen if I review / submit that translation? Can we detect
> > such change?

Don't know. Test it and update the docs at
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp once you know it.

Jens