Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> If libschilly met the criteria for being a System Library then it
> probably have been packaged for use by other programs.  If you want to
> make a case for including libschilly as a System Library then please
> provide a list of some of the other programs which depend on it.

It's also worth bearing in mind that, in the past, Debian has decided to
not assume *any* library shipped with Debian is a System Library since the
concept isn't particularly meaningful for a distribution maker that
doesn't divide its software into the system and add-ons.  It's a somewhat
ill-defined and murky area of the GPL and I think Debian is best served by
steering entirely clear of it with the exception of not worrying about the
fact that the kernel is under the GPL.

If Debian can't consider OpenSSL to be a System Library, and that was the
decision that we were advised to make in the past, I can't imagine any
circumstances that would allow libschilly to qualify.