Re: Making some tags mandatory

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 09:18:05AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> I don't know the mechanism by which ‘foofacet::TODO’ triggers creation
> of a new tag, but the meaning is clearer at least.

There is currently no such trigger, but it's easy to produce[1] a
package list for such a tag and check if there are patterns emerging.

Also, once a new tag gets proposed in a facet, listing the *::TODO
packages in that facet is a good way to find packages that might need
that tag.

I've long wanted to have a view in the Debtags website to examine the
state of *:TODO packages for a given facet.  It's not very... enjoyable
to build that with the current backend, so it's yet another thing that
I've postponed until I redesign the website.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1]
wget wget http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/tags/tags-current.gz
zcat tags-current.gz | tagcoll -i grep role::TODO | sort -u