Re: CC Attribution ShareALike (CC-by-sa) 3.0

Holger Levsen <holger <at> layer-acht.org> writes:
> On Freitag, 27. Februar 2009, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > ISTR (some of) -legal@ saying not DFSG-compliant,
>
> some people on -legal will always disagree, what counts more is the (rough)
> consenus...

Sure, but I thought we had an explicit consensus on discrimination against
fields of endeavour, which is seen in CC-By 3.0 4.a about "effective
technological measures".

Happily, that's only a lawyerbomb (in that no-one, even within CC, seemed
to agree what it means for debian - is offering source code enough to
satisfy it?) and not a current live problem.

Beware some of the "ported" CCs which include the trademark notice by
mistake and produced a licence which failed to follow DFSG - and some were
incompatible with other CC licences.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray