Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Sunday 01 March 2009 23:31:21 Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2009-02-26 12:46:25, schrieb Brett Parker:
> > As someone that uses wodim quite a bit, I've not noticed it to be "full
> > of bugs", so I'd suggest that you're spreading FUD and hoping that no
> > one notices.
>
> I have 35 TEAC CD-Burner, 18 TraxData and a bunch of Yamaha.
> All they are SCSI and not a singel one is working with wodim.
>
> The same goes for my 4 DVD burners which are SCSI too.
>
> Since I have the CD-Burner in production, I have not the time  to  check
> wodim years for bugs.

Could you please instlall cdrskin and try to burn your data too. It provides
some of the cdrecord/wodim options in a compatible way, so you should feel it
familiar. Exhaustive examples are given in the manpage, and of course if
something unexpected happens, please gather all the related information
(messages and drive description included) and file a bug report as usual. In
case some info is missing we can ask later on. Thanks.