Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, William Pitcock <nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk> wrote:
> > Have a look at the cdrtools page:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cdrtools
> >
> > The cdrkit page also has some info:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cdrkit
>
> We should take information from those pages and copyedit them into
> something suitable for inclusion on Joerg's page. The best part is Joerg
> will probably try to delete it, but it will be reverted due to
> "vandalism".

There is no requirement of "we" for editing Wikipedia.  If you believe that
something needs doing then go ahead and give it your best shot.  If you
believe that you can't quite nail it then do the best you can and ask for
assistance in polishing it.

As for Joerg trying to delete it, there is no evidence so far of him being a
wiki vandal.  It should be possible to create a version of his page which
captures all the essential facts in a neutral tone that doesn't offend him.

Speaking for myself, if you were to create a Wikipedia page about me that
included quotes from some of my best arguments in support of a topic that
mattered to me then I would be quite happy with that.  I don't think that I'm
notable enough - just in case anyone is considering doing so.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog