Re: Forthcoming changes in kernel-package

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:14:49AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         This is a heads up for a major change in kernel-package, the
>  tool to create user packaged kernel images and headers; which will
>  make the make-kpkg script far less error prone, and far more
>  deterministic.
>
>    a. Every invocation of kernel-package will remove ./debian directory,
>       and regenerate the changelog and control files. This will get rid
>       of any remaining issues with the ./debian directory getting out of
>       sync with the kernel sources; and will allow people to make small
>       tweaks to the kernel sources and have  make-kpkg reflect those
>       changes.

Is there going to be a way for people to replace the changelog with
one that contains useful information in that case?  I've been doing
this by doing a make-kpkg configure and then editing the
debian/changelog file afterwards...

BTW, I have a set of patches you might want to consider.  I'll file
them in BTS if you're currently making make-kpkg.

						- Ted