Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

Dne Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:16:09 +0900
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> napsal(a):

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > [Matthias Klose, 2009-02-16]
> >> Besides the "normal" pending update of the python version for the
> >> unstable distribution, there will be more changes around python
> >> packaging, including the introduction of python-3.x and addressing
> >> some packaging issues.
>
> How do other distributions deal with these issues? Will the need for
> special per-tool directories ever be obsoleted by upstream?

I'm not sure if there is some other distribution, which support more
Python versions at similar level as Debian. SUSE and Fedora definitely
support only one Python version (with Zope usually being the
exception with minimal subset of modules).