Re: Is the FHS dead ?

On 02/16/2009 04:14 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to discuss the python-support directory tree location (and
similar issues) with the FHS maintainers, however it occurred to me that
the mailing list is completely dead, and the standard doesn’t seem very
alive either. The last release was 5 years ago, and is starting to look
slightly outdated.

Is there a standards body still interested in moving forward with
filesystem layout discussions? If not, shouldn’t we start our own
standard?

Has, maybe, it been merged into the LSB?

http://www.opengroup.org/testing/lsb-fhs/
    Present Status

    LSB-FHS2.3 merged into LSB 2.0 runtime tests.

    This test suite is now being maintained in the LSB CVS tree see
    http://www.linuxbase.org/test/

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification