Re: Proposal of two new control fields: Build-Recommends and Build-Suggests [long reading]

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 20:37:06 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:
> > What you actually want here is to use architecture wildcards, as in:
> >
> > 	libasound2-dev [linux-any]
> >
> > this is documented in dpkg-architecture(1), and has been supported since
> > dpkg 1.13.13. debhelper also supports this since 5.0.36. Currently the
> > only missing piece I'm aware of is sbuild, but next upload to Debian
> > should support it (#501230). It'd be really nice to get that patch on
> > the buildds so that we could start using this in the archive.

Hmm it seems pbuilder is lacking support as well (#363193).

> If someone could provide a patch to Policy, that would be good too.

Yeah, I can do that in few days. Have been holding up until now as the
they could not be used due to the buildd not supporting it. I guess it
should not get applied into policy until we can actually use them on
the archive, though.

regards,
guillem