Re: Proposal of new control field: Date

* Enrico Zini [Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:50:41 +0000]:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 08:44:16PM +0100, Leo costela Antunes wrote:

> > I would propose something like freshness of bugs vs. freshness of last
> > non-binary upload, possibly weighted. This would let old but
> > non-problematic packages off the radar.

> I don't have the time to design and test such an algorithm (and I'd have
> to also brush up my statistics), but if anyone else wants to try and see
> how it goes, that's fine to me.

There was something akin to this (though targetted at spotting orphaning
/ removal candidates rather than just to assess the liveness of a package):

  http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/bapase

Not sure if that continues to be active or not. Bcc'ing bapase@qa.debian.org
in case they want to comment. Context is:

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

A hacker does for love what other would not do for money.