Re: Proposal of new control field: Date

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM,  <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:

>> Speaking about new control fields, how about "Date:"?

>> Imagine, "freshness dating available right there on the grocer's shelf,
>> in Packages.gz. No need for the consumer to jump through additional
>> hoops to find out."

> Which date would it contain?

I've several times wished that our Packages list contained the date from
the corresponding entry in the debian/changelog file.  It's been a while
since the last time I wished for that, so I don't remember exactly what I
was going to use it for at the time, but I remember noticing its absence
more than once.