Should 32-bit apps work with a 64-bit kernel?

Hi,

I have the bug report #489917 that complains that Jed can't handle
64‐bit kernel structures. In this special case, the stat() return with
EOVERFLOW Value too large to be stored in data type. Jed was compiled for
a 32‐bit kernel and is run with a 64‐bit kernel. The error can be fixed
by compiling Jed with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. Should I set this option
for all 32‐bit builds or does it have any drawbacks?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Wer einen Traum verwirklichen will, muss erst aufwachen.