Re: coreutils wc count multi bytes question

Neo Anderson, le Fri 06 Feb 2009 15:50:34 -0800, a écrit :
> If I remember correctly that there is a mapping table, so possibly this can be done. But of course, perhaps this is just my wishful thinking.

The problem is that posix says

`The wc utility shall consider a word to be a non-zero-length string
of characters delimited by white space.'

So that the -w behavior can't be changed, that'd need to be another
option.  You should rather ask the GNU coreutils mailing lists.

> My English is not very good. Hope my reply is not rude.

No problem.

Samuel