Re: Test suites after build and Build-Depends.

Le Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:10:18PM +0000, Roger Leigh a écrit :

> The .dsc file is exactly where the information is read from.  See
> fetch_source_files() in Sbuild/Build.pm.  This is for installing
> and removing build-dependencies and build-conflicts, respectively.
> Note that dpkg-buildpackage and other tools read debian/control
> to check that the build-deps are satisfied in addition.

Thank you all for your answers,

from my biologist point of view, I find interesting to observe how an unused
function progressively becomes impracticable as the whole system evolves
without pressure to stay compatible with it :) Helper tools such as
mk-build-dep have not been mentionned in this thread, but would also break with
packages containing a substvar in debian/control.

I can try prepare a patch for the Policy if you are interested.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan