Re: Modifying debian/changelog entries

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 04:38:48PM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> In fact, I can think of one case where I'd actually encourage it.  We
> occasionally update packages to solve security issues before a CVE
> number for the particular vulnerability is known.  Retroactively
> modifying the changelog to include the CVE number, once it's known,
> helps to resolve any doubt about the specifics of the issue.

ACK. Similarly to this use case, I've the one in which you mistyped a
"Closes: #XXXXX" bug entry. Sure you will the need to manually close /
tag as fixed the bug, but in terms of future reviews fixing the
"Closes:" line will help understanding a change.

A question on this: would the BTS re-read the fixed changelog in
future uploads to update the version graph anyhow, or will it do that
only if the .changes file will contain all relevant entries? (as in
"dpkg-buildpackage -vXXX")

Cheers.