Re: Modifying debian/changelog entries

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 01:06:53PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > On Mon, January 19, 2009 13:00, Noah Slater wrote:
> > > * If you are the only person mentioned in a changelog and you
> > > change your email address, when you do a new upload, is it okay
> > > to modify all of the old changelog entries to use the new email
> > > address?
> >
> > I see no harm but also no gain in this.
>
> Sure. Doing so satisfies my OCD need for consistency though. Heh
> heh.

Surely consistency would argue *against* changing the historical
record? When those releases were made, the email address was as
recorded at the time. That it changed later should not alter the
existing factual record on earlier entries. No?

--
 \     “Don't be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure |
  `\         is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed.” —Jane |