Re: percentage of popcon submitters

Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@lina.inka.de> writes:

> In article <[🔎] 87d4enbfqd.fsf@mocca.josefsson.org> you wrote:
>> It would establish an upper bound of well-administrated debian machines,
>> I think.
>
> It is a lower bound, since I guess there are more cases where more than one
> machine is updated. The case that you download without need or as a
> duplicate (With multiple IPs) is very low.

I've realized it is not a lower bound either, because some download
s.d.o packages to temporary chroots and pbuilds etc which should
probably not be counted as a debian machine.  Still, trying to get
numbers on the various statistics we can easily get at may improve
estimates and allow us to follow the trends.

/Simon