Re: percentage of popcon submitters

[2009-01-16 12:06] Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org>
> Le Friday 16 January 2009 11:51:50 markus schnalke, vous avez écrit :
> > [2009-01-16 10:09] Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
> >
> > > The whole thing is a complete unknown.
> >
> > Of course you're right. But it's the best we have.
> >
> > Instead of leaving it with ``we simply don't know'', I prefer to
> > estimate on the (unsure) data sources that are available.
>
> Not that I like to be polemic, but this sentence doesn't mean anything.
>
> If the answer is "we don't know", then we don't know. Problem is that you
> don't give any ground to your claims, hence it is far worse to give any
> estimation.

IMO that's not right if you want to act. Acting without any plan is
worse than acting with an estimation (that bases on the best
information available).

Imaging navigation within permanent fog. I think it is better to go
towards the most probable direction, instead of doing nothing because
you dont know. Of course this again is dependent on external factors
like dangerous ground ... thus no answer fits every case.

In the end it's a philosophical question anyway. ;-)

> Of course, you surely do not need such serious considerations for your precise
> issue

correct ;-)

meillo