Re: FTP team name (was: Ftpteam members)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:11:48AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Thoughts? Flames? Knives throwing?

I agree that the current name is not particularly "telling".  Still,
we are all used to some degree of misnomers, with which we can cope
well as long as there are good descriptions of their meanings.

I see much more gain in update the description of what does FTP
masters do ( http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FTPMaster ) than in renaming
the team. In spite of the warnings, that page seems to me quite right
as an introduction of FTP master duties, even though it can be
improved.

Reviewing that page, and adding a link to it from
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization seems to me time better spent
than a renaming. Then, if you want, we can of course do both :-)

Cheers.