Re: Re: Sections - especially section:kde and section:gnome

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 09:34 +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Hi!
> > I have been wondering over the last months about Section: kde.
> What is the correct usage of this section?
..

I have tried to summarised some of the ideas of this thread in
 http://wiki.debian.org/DiscussionsAfterLenny/Sections

Franklin
It seems that section additions are more in need of someone processing the requests than of discussion.

The part
Dropping Sections in favor of Debtags facets (Lenny +2)

mixes 2 things:
1. Replacing sections with Debtags
2. Introducing *one* Debtags facet to merge sections.

I saw little backing for 2.

In general, I do not see how discussing these topics could create new problems for Lenny's release, nor how the supposedly turbulent pre-release environment could affect this discussion.