Re: Sections - especially section:kde and section:gnome

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:02:21AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2009, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >
> > > I don't remember using sections in over 4 years of Debian usage, though
> > > I had already used GNU/Linux for a few months before I switched to
> > > Debian. But I doubt even a user new to GNU/Linux would use them much.
> >
> > Everyone that uses a tool like aptitude does use them much. I guess
> > similar is true for a graphical ting like synaptic and whatnot else we
> > have.
>
> In fact, the fact that the view is split by section in aptitude is
> the reason why I never navigate in the tree but use / (lookup) instead.
> The package is not often in the section that I expected.

I use "New Flat Package List" with "l" to limit with tag regex "~G..." for such case.

> IMO, it would make sense to merge Debian sections into a debtags facet
> so that you can have multiple sections when it makes sense. The facet
> could still be controlled by ftpmasters if that was desired. And aptitude
> could use that facet to keep a logical tree but a package could then
> appear in multiple sections.

I think "The default grouping method for package views" is configurable.

So it is simple utility configuration default issue.  No need to use
ftpmaster.

It will be nice if ~G tag regex can be created from menu though....

Osamu