Re: Attracting new volunteers to Debian using stackoverflow.com

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Harry Rickards <harry@linux.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/20 Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> stackoverflow.com, which is a website featuring questions and answers on
>> a wide range of topics in computer programming, has just offered [1]
>> free advertising for open source projects wanting to advertise
>> recruiting of new volunteers.
>>
>> They get about 1 million page-views per day from developers, so asking
>> for new volunteers in stackoverflow.com will raise awareness of debian
>> needing new maintainers.
>>
>> What do you think? Should we offer a Debian related ad?
>>
> <...>
>
> Definitely IMHO. We should definitely beat the Evony ad. :)

:)

Does anyone know a graphic designer or someone that can whip up a nice
ad which will attract developers to debian?

Tom Feiner

[1]
http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2009/12/free-vote-based-advertising-for-open-source-projects/
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/