Re: Bits from the kernel team

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 09:24 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > Done.

> > Er, not sure.
>
> I guess oss4-dkms will be enough to take care of these users,
> hopefully it will reach squeeze in time.

Hopefully not.  OSS4 on Linux is part of the problem, not part of the
solution.  Linux applications should not use /dev/dsp any more.  Those
that do may be handled by some kind of bridge to ALSA, which was what
this item refers to.  (The existing snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss don't
seem to be good enough.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings