Re: linker script and versioned symbols

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 01:56:06AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> How can I write an ld linker script that will cause ld to output the
> same symbols two times, with and without a version tag?
> I.e. I need it to output both symbol@Base and symbol@LIBFOO_1.0.

> The final goal is to fix a library which was made backward incompatible
> for no good reason by adding a version tag to all symbols.

In what sense does this make it backward-incompatible?  A shlibdeps bump
should be sufficient; anything referencing an unversioned symbol will have
its reference satisfied by any matching symbol name, regardless of version.

To your specific question, I don't know of a way to do this with a linker
script, but I also don't see that it should be necessary.