Re: unzip.h and unzip.c files in source packages.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:50:43 +0900
Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> Suspecting that it could have been overlooked by many others, I had a look at
> source.debian.net and checked a couple of packages randomly.
>
> http://source.debian.net/source/search?&path=unzip.c
> http://source.debian.net/source/search?&path=unzip.h

Have you checked that these are substantially the same files with
respect to content & copyright and not just files with a common name?
(Yes, this is a very large undertaking, so I haven't done it either.)

There are plenty of hits for md5.c but there are also plenty of
differing implementations of md5 sum calculations with differing
copyright implementations.

Just because a filename is reused doesn't mean that the packages
put the same code into that filename.

--

Neil Williams