Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

[If I remember correctly, the question below is whether the law in the U.S.A.
requires us to reproduce all copyright statements from the source files when we
redistribute binary programs, or if this is only needed when the license
expliciterly asks so.]

Le Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:55:58PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Also, keep in mind what Mark wrote elsewhere. He asked the DPL to let
> > SPI get us some lawyers input on the question. Thats probably the best
> > course.
>
> Yes.  I'm wholeheartedly in favor of this, and I think we should hold any
> resolution of this discussion for the results of that.  There are a
> surprising number of gotchas hidden in licenses that people think are
> straightforward and read past, and it would be nice to know what our basic
> legal requirements are.

Dear Steve, FTP team, and everybody.

The discussion was held for half a year now. Can we have an update on what is
happening on the lawyer side?

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy