Re: cupt, the APT competitor

On 2009-09-28 14:28, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
Hi,

|--==> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:52:14 +0300, "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf@debian.org> said:

  EVL> This mail is to inform that Debian APT suite now has a competitor named Cupt [1].

For the ones who don't know it, I'd like to point out that there is at
least one other competitor/companion/replacement of APT:

http://labix.org/smart

Smart has been developed since several years now and it is in
Debian. The code base is rather stable and actively maintained, and
beside dpkg it has supports for other packaging backends like rpm and
slack. It has a GUI too.

Besides the GUI, how is this superior to wajig?

--
scientia addo vereor