O: libmtp8 -- Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library

Package: libmtp8
Severity: normal

Due to my real life problems and my limited free time, I want to set
the libmtp package as orphan. I don't know if I have done it right, I
followed the instructions at: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

The package maintainer has already retired from maintaining libmtp and
frankly I believe that this package is too important to rely on my
newbie packaging skills. :)

Notes:
1. There is a new version of libmtp:
2. There is unfinished packaging due to dangling symlinks. The whole
story is written in debian/README.Source:
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/libmtp.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/README.Source