Re: FOSDEM 2010

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:10:41AM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 15:50:37 Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > For those of you who were waiting for a call for talks from me on this
> > subject, it's not really coming. However, if you think your talk may be
> > of some interest to people working on distributions (Debian or
> > non-Debian), your talk should be welcome.
>
> I can provide a talk on better ways to handle configuration upgrades during
> packages upgrade [1]. These ideas can also be applied to other distros, so
> they should interest FOSDEM people.

Good! :-)

> I also have some ideas about addressing ISV packaging needs but they are not
> fleshed out enough for a talk. May be a meeting between people having a
> similar goal ?

Sure, why not?

There's a mailinglist over at the FOSDEM people to discuss talks for the
distributions miniconf. I guess I should've made that a bit more clear,
but anyway.

You may want to send your proposal to <dist2010@lists.fosdem.org>. Note
that this is a public mailinglist, so even if your talk is not fleshed
out completely, you could still send it out and see whether some
discussion ensues that might help you to sort your thoughts.

Regards,

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22