Re: Linux image packages going to depend on python

Noah Meyerhans wrote the following on 30.11.2009 17:42

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 02:15:41PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         Perhaps you should consider making the script just create a
>>  ./fstab.new file, and not overwriting /etc/fstab?  makes it easier to
>>  test the script out without altering current setup.
>
> Keeping a copy of the original file, maybe in /var/backups, might be
> helpful as well.
>
> noah

Through this thread i digged into this on my machine myself and just want
through in some remarks i found:

Swap
The swap partition created by lenny 5.0.2 d-i didn't had any LABEL nor UUID.
Might be necessary to catch that up?

grub & initramfs
fstab is one place to be /boot/grub/menu.lst and
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume are others. When discussing about modifing
fstab and which tools to use it might should be considerd there are other
places as well?

I am sorry for the noise if this is pretty obvious and already considered by
everybody involved.
--
bye Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F