Unversioned .so file in /usr/lib vs dh_makeshlibs vs postinst-must-call-ldconfig

Hi

I tried to prepare and NMU to fix an RC bug #553111, which is
postinst-must-call-ldconfig.

I found that adding missing call to dh_makeshlibs does not fix the issue,
because package installs a private shared library to /usr/lib/libxxx.so,
and dh_makeshlibs does not add call to ldconfig to postinst/postrm if it
finds unversioned libraries.

Is that a bug in debhelper, or in lintian (i.e. postinst-must-call-ldconfig
is false-positive)?

I guess ldconfig should be called even if package installs unversioned
libraries, since ldconfig not only adds symlinks but also
updates /etc/ld.so.cache.

Nikita