Re: nexuiz-data does not fit on a single CD

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:59:07 -0200
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:00 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> This is silly. I haven't seen bug reports about packages not fitting in
> diskettes, and it would not make any sense if they were filed! =).

I thought this was why we had dpkg-split, so not exactly the same
problem.

> The world moved on, CDs are getting too small. It's a technical
> limitation which can be overcome by using the network, or bigger media,
> such as DVDs. While I think blacklisting the package for CDs is a
> pragmatical decision, making the package smaller should be just
> desirable, not a (specially RC!) bug.

Or supporting dpkg-split for this case too?  But probably not worth the
effort for just a handful of packages that arguably would benefit from
being broken into more manageable-sized packages anyway.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org