Re: Build logs from local builds

On 2009-11-11, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> Personally, I think that the extreme trade-off of making source upload
> the default (which seems to be what you are arguing for) would be too
> risky in term of degraded package quality. Look for the "FTBFS" string
> in the current RC bug list, do you think the number of occurrences we
> have now would decrease implementing such a proposal?

I wonder if most of those are either a) not present at source package upload
time because the libraries changed later on and b) they are arch-specific,
i.e. how much of those FTBFS are left if you remove those and of the
"maintainer failed in a very bad way and it compiled on no architecture
available to Debian" kind.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern