Re: Build logs from local builds

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:30, Adam Majer <adamm@zombino.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:58:19PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 26 2009, Adam Majer wrote:
>> > Or here's a radical idea - allow source only uploads of packages.
>>
>>         And thus allow people to upload without ever building locally.
>
> I would expect people to build packages locally. How else can they
> install then? How can they test them otherwise?
>
> What about ditching *.deb before the upload? dput and related upload
> as they do now but ignore *.deb. Archive requires that .debs are in
> .changes but does not check for their actual presence. Would that work?

As a personal note, as one of those unlucky people with a very slow
network connection: if binary packages built by maintainer have to be
discarded, than *please* allow a way to actually not upload them.

I'm in favor of let the buildds generate binaries for all the arch
(even the one the maintainer used to build the package locally), but
having to wait a long time to upload a set of .debs and then see them
discarded it quite uncomfortable, and a waste of time, disk space and
bandwidth.

Thanks,