Re: Iceweasel and Firefox compatibility

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 10:12:07AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The fact that Iceweasel does not behave like Firefox in some important
> areas has been bothering me more and more of late.  Iceweasel breaks
> many, many web apps by virtue of not using the Firefox user-agent
> string.  It also breaks compatibility with some plugins.

I just decided I don't care anymore. So here is a deal to those reading
this thread. Give me a UA string that:
- Doesn't claim to be Firefox (i.e keep Iceweasel in it)
- Is compatible with most crappy sites on earth[1] (i.e. Test it. A lot)

And I will change it before squeeze freeze.

But please, oh pretty please, come up with something that works once and
for all, because I don't want to change it again.

Mike

PS: If at the same time, you could take a look at one or two of the
iceweasel bugs to see if they are reproducible or not, have disappeared
or not, and tag the bug accordingly...

1. Be aware that these kind of stupid sites may be likely to be looking
at a parsable version number after Firefox.