Re: Possible MBF wrt common, FHS-compliant, default document root for the various web servers

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 06:15:42PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I frankly hope that with /vendor/ + /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ (which we already
> have), and maybe with some symlinks under /vendor/ we will be able to
> address quite a lot of issues. It would be interesting to known which
> one we can't.

objection, you honor!  :)

something that hasn't really been brought up (i mentioned it on the
non-webapps thread in -devel already) is that this makes packages
potentially opened in an unconfigured state.  unless you can ensure that
the system is only running on localhost, it has some significant security
implications.  personally i'd rather that /usr/lib/cgi-bin goes the way
of the dodo, and that packages are required to ship/generate webserver
config files if they want to function out of the box.

sean