Re: common, FHS-compliant, default document root for the various web servers

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 06:53:32PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Something short, generic and distro-neutral like /app/ would be my
> > personal preference if I were developing a standard for my servers.
> > Unfortunately, going that direction as also increases the chances of
> > remapping a path the admin was already using...
>         /vendor-apps/ ?

I find it ugly (de gustibus), but that's not really an argument;
moreover your suggestion perfectly embodies the proper meaning of that
URL prefix.

To try making it a bit less ugly (and hard to type due to the moving
nature of "-" as others have pointed out), I just try to mediate with

Given that such a prefix would actually be non Debian-specific, if we
settle with it I believe it would be a good idea to try pushing it
outside our borders, for instance proposing it on the
distributions@freedesktop list.