Re: Lintian based autorejects

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:

> Exactly, I have only a limited amount of time and don't want to spend it
> on demotivating discussions with Manoj about why he uses two standards.

I really think the best solution to this is to stop having demotivating
discussions with Manoj, particularly in this case where I'm not seeing
where he's doing any significant harm even if you completely disagree with
the bugs he's filing and the severity at which he's filing them.  It's not
that hard to downgrade severity if the project doesn't agree with the
initial bug severity.

We're all human, which means that some of us are just not going to get
along with others of us.  There will be clashes in communication style, in
opinions about how to approach a problem, and in aggressiveness about
things like filing bugs.  There is usually some better way to deal with it
than get into a long, demotivating argument.

A lot of things I get upset about initially I sit on for a day or two and
usually they look like less of a big deal after that.  For things that
don't feel that way, this is one of the reasons why teams like Policy have
multiple members.  Please always feel free to approach me if you don't
want to approach another team member, and likewise feel free to approach
Manoj if I'm making you upset for some reason.  We all work together
fairly well and can generally serve as go-betweens and help with the
discussion in those cases.