Re: piuparts-MBF: owned and unowned files after purge

[Manoj Srivastava]
>         I can't seem to run piuparts locally here, since it fails trying
>  to chroot with this cryptic error message while trying to install, for
>  some reason, debfoster:
[...]
> |   WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
> |   This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
> |     install-info (due to util-linux)

This seem like the old and fixed issue with util-linux depending on
install-info.  Are you working with old mirrors?

>         I am leaning towards thinking this is a false positive.

The issue was real, and fixed in util-linux version 2.16.1-3
(#547430).

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen